Office of the Minister of State
Location: 29-31 Adelaide Road, Dublin 2.
The role of the Minister of State's Office is:
- to liaise between the Minister of State and the Department;
- to ensure that the Minister of State is briefed on all aspects and developments pertaining to matters under his remit;
- to acknowledge written representations from members of the Oireachtas, other public sector representatives and members of the public and forward them to the appropriate Division, Department or semi-State body for preparation of draft reply (for the Minister of State's signature);
- to request pairings and liaise with the Chief Whip's Office with regards to Dail business;
- to request speech material for the Minister of State's public engagements;
- to liaise with the Department's Press Officer with regards to speeches and press releases;
- to organise the Minister of State's national and international travel arrangements; and
- to answer telephone queries from members of the Oireachtas and the public.